Sunday, November 25, 2007

on and on...

photo by Sabrina Ward Harrison


Wow, over the course of Thanksgiving and all of its craziness I've realized I haven't posted for nearly ten days. I swear the moment holiday cheer is in the air time the really starts to fly. This year I've really enjoyed the company of my family and friends. M and I got a chance to catch up together and everytime I'm with him I see what a big role he's beginning to play in my life. At last I feel him and my family have been able to bond a little. I'm so lucky to have found someone so special.
With the homecoming of my brother came his crew of friends. This morning we had a lovely breakfast before they all departed back east.
As the week makes way for my regular routine, I dread the following obligations. Emotionally I'm not sure I'm ready to face the funeral services of my friends. Their presence still rings in my heart. Once someone had died it's so easy to feel them around you, hearing songs that hold memories, driving by their house. The loss of someone so young and so full of life is a hard thing to grasp. I'm so thankful that my holidays were spent so close to my loved ones, I feel their spirit will help me though the coming challenges.

Now playing: "Digging A Ditch" -Dave Matthews Band


No comments: